[fedora-fr-doc] Ralink RT73 / serialmonkey.com

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Jeu 1 Fév 16:43:46 CET 2007

Hello,

on a fait part d'un retour sur Ralink RT73 / serialmonkey.com
Peut être cela peu vous intéressez, la clé Belkin USB Wireless G sous
Linux .

d'ailleurs il y en a déjà un tuto rédigé en français:
http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/belkin/index-fr.html

Chitlesh

Le Mercredi 31 Janvier 2007 00:55, Blake Martin a écrit :
> > Hello, I'm using the RT73 module from serialmonkey.com, compiled from
> > source. The module loaded into my Linux kernel without incident and
seems
> > to work 100%
> > Page of concern: http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/belkin/index.html
> > I followed the instructions on the page above. I then had to
activate the
> > wireless interface using:
> > $ ifconfig rausb0 up
> > This activated the card. It was then a simple matter of setting the
ESSID
> > and key using the appropriate flags and iwconfig.
> > There was still a problem: I didn't have an IP address...
> > $ dhclient rausb0
> >
> > I'm using Fedora Core 6 with Kernel version 2.6.19-1.2895. You've
made me a
> > very happy person. I have had much grief w/ the 7050 ever since I
purchased
> > it. I wasn't able to get this card to work w/ the ndiswrapper method and
> > even at that, I had to download a kernel w/ a 16K stack which didn't
have
> > any source available. This is IMHO a much better method. If you could
> > please post these instructions on your page, that would be an incredible
> > help to other people with the same problem as me.
> >
> > I can't possibly thank you enough. The feeling I get from getting
> > frustrating hardware to work in Linux is... incredible. I love this OS.

Blake,

Thanks for the nice words. It's natural for us Linux users to help each
other,
and one way to acheive that is to provide good documentation when we get to
learn something that is not already written somewhere else, or that is
written somewhere else but at too many different places.

With respect to your experience with the Serialmonkey version, could you
please send me _detailed_ instructions about how to uncompress, compile and
load their RT73 module? What you give above is a bit too short. Please take
exemple on what I am doing on
http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/belkin/index.html.

I wish you a lot of other good experiences with Linux, and I hope you
can find
the time to redo the compilation and give me the right instructions to
publish on the web page.

PS: CCing a member of the Fedora project.

--
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ChitleshGoorah
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com